Plus size do's and don'ts
A survey by Verdict found that women take their plus-size clothing cues from other women over fashion magazines, celebrities and TV shows. This means you more likely to buy what your friends and family are wearing.
Top 5 Do's & Don'ts of Plus-Size Clothing
• Do dress for your body shape, not your size.
• Do wear figure-hugging clothes that are well made, rather than giant smocks that do nothing for your figure.
• Do choose tops that have pretty patterns to draw attention to your upper body.
• Don't be afraid to ask for help in the shops. Evans and Ann Harvey have personal shopping services.
• Don't be afraid to go for clothing with colours and prints, as these things can make such a difference to classic pieces such as jackets, blouses and skirts.
Top 5 Plus-Size Clothing Shops
1. Evan - one of the first shops to solely cater for plus-size women and still going strong with sizes 14-32
2. Ann Harvey - good for upper-end tailoring and formal or evening wear for size 16-32
3. Simply Be - fun and fancy 14-32 size fashion on this online store
4. New Look Inspire - great plus-size range for casual dresses, jeans and T-shirts, sizes 16-28
5. Marks and Spencer - increased its sizing in 2007 from 6 to 32